Join the Friendly Funder network
Living Wage Friendly Funders support charities to pay the real Living Wage through their grant-making. We are working to end low pay in the charity sector.
Hundreds of charities and funders have already embraced the Living Wage, but low pay remains a real challenge for the sector.
A list of the Living Wage Friendly Funders can be found here.
Living Wage Friendly Funders seek to ensure that all posts funded by the funder pay the Living Wage, unless there are particular reasons for this not to happen. These might include difficulties in maintaining differentials, and the impact on other posts within the grantee’s workforce – there is more information in our guide.
By becoming a Living Wage Friendly Funder you:
- Get access to guidance on applying the Living Wage to grant-funded posts, including templates and case studies.
- Become part of a strategic community of funders that support and promote the Living Wage, contributing to ending low pay in the third sector.
- Are entitled to use the Living Wage Friendly Funder Mark.
- Appear on our website so that supporters and grantees can easily find out about the commitment you have made.
- Have the opportunity to work with us on press coverage to promote your Friendly Funder recognition.
- Receive an invitation to events during Living Wage Week and a pack with materials and guidance on how to be part of the national celebrations.
- Are kept up to date on the Living Wage campaign and opportunities to celebrate your recognition.