JOB: Communications and Events Intern (Part-time)
Hours: Part-Time (3-4 days a week, some flexibility)
Salary: London Living Wage £10.75/hour
Based: London offices
Contract: 3 months
Holiday: 25 days (pro rata 3 months)
The Living Wage Foundation is the organisation at the heart of the independent movement of businesses, organisations and people who believe that a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay. The campaign for employers to pay a real Living Wage was launched by London Citizens in 2001 and aims to ensure low paid workers have enough money to get by and enough time for community and family life.
The real Living Wage is the only rate that is independently-calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK, currently £9.30 (UK) and £10.75 (London). The Living Wage Foundation recognises and celebrates employers that voluntarily take a stand by choosing to go further than the government minimum to pay the real Living Wage through an accreditation programme which awards the Living Wage Employer Mark.
The real Living Wage rates are announced during Living Wage Week each November when we celebrate our growing network of Living Wage employers. There are now over 6000 accredited Living Wage employers across the UK, including well-known names such as Lush, Chelsea FC, Barclays and Heathrow Airport. The movement has now secured pay rises for over 200,000 employees.
The Living Wage Foundation is committed to being an inclusive employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage anyone with an interest in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all the desirable criteria. We invest in our staff and will support you to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver the role. We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are underrepresented at the Foundation. Please contact us if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements ahead of applying.
The role will include the following activities:
- Fielding enquiries on the Champion Awards from employers and applicants. Collating and processing requests for information, and updating our customer relationship management (CRM) system with new contacts. (Training will be provided)
- Communication with award winners to support telling their story and announcing their win.
- Coordinating an invite list with the Living Wage Team for the Champion Awards and working closely with an events management team to review invites and turnout.
- General event assistance, planning, purchasing items and production.
- Supporting on the evaluation of the Champion Awards and recommendations for next year.
- Securing gifts, prizes and other pro-bono items for our award ceremony.
- Supporting on digital content creation and marketing materials for the Champion Awards, everything from social media graphics, videos, website pages and e-marketing.
- Showcase successes of Champion Award Winners through drafting blogs and case studies.
- Support maintaining and updating our social media channels where relevant.
- Updating website content when needed. (Training provided)
- Administration support for the Communications team, such as minute taking.
This is a paid internship at the London Living Wage (£10.75/hour)
Fill out the above application form. Please save file as ‘Name – Communications and Event Internship’
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The subject heading of the email should contain the words ‘Communications and Events Internship’.
There is also a voluntary and anonymous Diversity Monitoring Form which helps the Living Wage Foundation to monitor against the aims and commitments of our Equal Opportunities Policy. We appreciate your help and cooperation by filling in this form.
Application open: 27th January 2020
Application deadline: 24th February 2020 (12pm)
Successful applicants invited to interview: February 24th 2020
Interview dates: Thursday 5th March