JOB: Operations and Data Manager
- Hours: 3-5 day a week (flexible)
- Salary: Up to £35,056 pro-rata (including London Weighting)
- Pension: 10% employer contribution
- Contract: Permenant
- Based: London
The Living Wage is an independent movement of businesses, organisations and people who believe that a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay. The Living Wage campaign was launched by London Citizens in 2001 and aims to ensure low paid workers have enough money to get by and enough time for community and family life.
The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK that employers choose to pay on a voluntary basis. The Living Wage Foundation recognises and celebrates employers that pay the real Living Wage through an accreditation programme which awards the Living Wage Employer Mark.
The independently-calculated rates are announced during Living Wage Week each November when we celebrate our growing network of Living Wage employers. There are now more than 6,500 accredited Living Wage employers across the UK which has secured pay rises for over 230,000
The Living Wage Foundation has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as an Operations and Data Manager. We are looking for a highly motivated and organised individual to maintain, develop and continuously improve our systems. The role will be an integral part of the Living Wage team to provide strategic technical support and ensure the integrity of our systems, often overseeing development projects with external partners.
The Operations and Data Manager will need to be highly numerate and have great analytical skills to support our monitoring and evaluation functions, working with the Head of Operations on financial and budgeting management, reconciliation and forecasting for the Living Wage Foundation. The suitable candidate will be detail oriented, be able to demonstrate their ability to seek out improvements and problem solve creatively and ideally have experience working with Salesforce systems.
The Living Wage Foundation is committed to being an inclusive employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage anyone with an interest in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all the desirable criteria. We invest in our staff and will support you to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver the role. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are underrepresented at the Foundation. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies as well as flexible working arrangements. Please contact us if you would like to discuss these policies and flexible working arrangements ahead of applying.
- Lead the day-to-day operations and management of all systems within the Living Wage Foundation designed to support the accreditation of Living Wage Employers.
- Work with the Living Wage Foundation team to identify business requirement and translate them into technical solutions by overseeing systems improvements and the work of our external developers.
- Proactively seek out systems improvements to make our processes more efficient so the Living Wage Foundation continues to provide an excellent service to Living Wage Employers.
- Keep the Salesforce database up-to-date with accurate information; identify and source incomplete information within the database; take responsibility for tidying and cleansing existing data.
- Provide operational support for all aspects of the accreditation and recognition systems, including identifying and fixing errors, offering ad hoc guidance to the team and communicating changes to systems.
- Oversee the management of systems integrations to ensure they are providing efficient and effective solutions to our data requirements, including maintenance of Zapier, Form Assembly, Mailchimp and Quickbooks.
- Maintain and improve the financial integrations between our database and accounting software to allow accurate invoicing and financial reporting systems.
- Ensure the Living Wage Foundation team has accurate evaluation data to enable us to measure our success, taking responsibility for the design and update of monitoring documents.
- Create and write reports to support the analysis of our performance.
- Oversee the review of our financial performance and extract data for forecasting and decision-making purposes.
- Carry out data selections and export in an appropriate format to support the press and communications team’s work and the Foundation’s research projects.
- Keep online templates and forms up to date, including Salesforce, S-Docs and Form Assembly.
- Carry out maintenance of integrated systems, including syncing and uploading data to Mailchimp and the website.
- Ensure the integrity of our data and back up as required.
- Champion systems throughout the organisation to ensure a positive user experience.
- Train and induct staff on how to use our systems effectively, fielding queries from the team.
- Keep internal training manuals up to date to ensure the Foundation’s team can access clear information about our processes and ensuring the team’s training requirements are met.
- Managing accounts with systems providers and manage the associated budget.
- Responsibility for delivering agreed areas of the Living Wage Foundation’s work plan.
- To work collaboratively with the team and across Citizens UK to ensure that we are meeting the expectations of our network and stakeholders.
Please apply by reading the below job description and filling out the below application form.
There is also a voluntary and anonymous Diversity Monitoring Form which helps the Living Wage Foundation to monitor against the aims and commitments of our Equal Opportunities Policy. We appreciate your help and cooperation by filling in this form.
Fill out the application form which you can download above. Please save file as ‘Name – Operations and Data Manager Application’
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline: 12pm Monday 20th July
Interview dates: Friday 24th July
The Living Wage Foundation is committed to being an inclusive employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage anyone with an interest in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all the desirable criteria. We invest in our staff and will support you to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver the role. We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are underrepresented at the Foundation. Please contact us if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements ahead of applying.