We are recruiting!
Campaign Manager – Living Wage Consumer Movement
Living Wage Foundation
Salary – circa £29,500
12 month fixed term contract with potential to extend.
The Living Wage campaign was launched by Citizens UK in 2001 and has won over £210 million in better pay for 45,000 low paid workers. The campaign aims to ensure low paid workers have enough money to get by and enough time for community and family life.
The Living Wage Foundation provides advice and support to employers interested in moving towards the Living Wage and recognises and celebrates Living Wage Employers through an accreditation programme.
Our next target is the retail sector. You will be responsible for developing a new strand in the campaign – an organised consumer movement. We aim to build a Fairtrade style campaign for the UK retail market.
The Campaign Manager will:
- Develop and lead on strategy for building the LWF’s consumer movement – “We Buy Living Wage”.
- Be responsible for building the systems and processes necessary to achieve our campaign objectives.
- Oversee the effective delivery of creative, ambitious and challenging campaigns and tactics, both planned and reactive, to exert consumer pressure on retailers to pay the Living Wage.
- Work with existing Living Wage Employers in the retail sector to publicise the Living Wage Employer mark.
- Identify and manage new partnerships and develop and lead coalitions where appropriate.
- Build an online supporter base and develop innovative strategies to mobilise support.
- A proven track record of developing and delivering creative and effective campaign strategies that achieve high level change.
- An excellent understanding of the online and offline campaigning environment in the UK.
- Experience of building and a maintaining complex and sophisticated online campaign systems and processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience of working with a wide-range of online campaigning techniques across diverse campaigning platforms.
- Proven ability to produce high quality materials and communications for different audiences.
- Understanding and experience of consumer focused marketing.
- Proven ability to think and plan strategically.
- Proven project management experience and ability to lead others in strategic delivery (including experience of setting common objectives, quality control, evaluation, motivation etc.)
- Commitment to Citizens UK’s vision, mission, values and approach.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Monday 22nd September. Interviews will be held on the 2nd and 3rd October.