Our annual #LivingWageWindow Competition in the run up to Living Wage Week 2022 – the yearly celebration of the Living Wage movement - is now open! It's the perfect opportunity to promote your Living Wage commitment to your staff, customers and local community by getting creative with your windows. The best window will win a bundle of Living Wage Employer goodies, as well as a promotional package tailored to your business from the Living Wage Foundation’s communications team. Find out how to take part below or read about the competition in the Living Wage Week Guide.
What is the #LivingWageWindow Competition?
We’ve launched a competition for Living Wage Employers to see who can create the best window display celebrating the Living Wage movement, and your commitment to the paying a wage based on the cost of living. Any accredited Living Wage Employer can enter. All you need is a public-facing window on your premises, passion for the real Living Wage and a bit of creativity.
Challenge Accepted? Here's how you can get involved:
To enter, you must:
- Post a picture of a public-facing window on your premises with a display celebrating the Living Wage on one or more of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- The post must be tagged #LivingWageWindow.
- The entrant must be following the Living Wage Foundation on the platform they use to enter.
How will the winner be decided?
The winner will be picked by a team of internal judges and announced on Monday 21st November. Entries will be marked against the following criteria:
- Creativity - have you thought outside the box?
- Social media engagement - have your customers posted about your entry on social media?
- Community engagement - How have you got your local community involved in your window display? Are you using it to spread the word to other businesses?
Need some inspiration? Here are a few ideas...
- Could you use the window to shout about your Living Wage accreditation? A giant logo perhaps?
- Could you get a local school to bring their artistic talent to the window? Could you share what the Living Wage means to you, or your business on your window?
- Could you share what the movement of 8000 employers has achieved – together we’ve put over £2bn back into the pockets of low paid workers.
When does the competition close?
The competition is now open, closing at noon on Friday 18th November. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
What is the prize?
The winner will receive:
- A bundle of Living Wage Employer goodies.
- A promotional support package tailored to your business from the Living Wage Foundation communications team.
Full competition Terms and Conditions can be read here. Make sure you read them before you apply. Please find more information about the Living Wage here, including the current rates and achievements of our movement. If you want more information, then get in touch.